I am SO READY FOR FALL my friends that I am not even concerned with how quickly last month flew by. If I am being completely honest with you, I am just happy I managed to wait until September 1st to bust out my Halloween decorations from the closet. I am still trying to recover from the gnarly cold I came down with on Wednesday, but rest assured that my apartment will be full of spooky vibes soon! 🎃👻🧛
August was a really good (and balanced) reading month! Let’s see how it went over in my neck of the bookish woods.
LOOK AT THAT FRIENDS, I had a month that wasn’t purely ARCs! This is mainly because I was pulled into a fantasy slump and kept switching genres to try and combat wanting to rip my hair out, which was pretty good for my TBR Tower!
As always, you can click on the title links to be taken to the Goodreads page, and if my review has been published here on the blog I will also provide a link to it.
- * These Rebel Waves by Sarah Raasch [🌟🌟🌟 ARC Review]
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab 🤝 buddy read with Sam [🌟🌟🌟🌟]
- The Log House by Baylea Hart 🌟🌟🌟
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson [🌟🌟🌟🌟 Review]
- * Rule by Ellen Goodlett [🌟🌟 ARC Review]
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab [🌟🌟🌟]
- The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager [🌟🌟🌟🌟 Review]
- * The Siren and The Specter by Jonathan Janz [🌟🌟🌟🌟 ARC Review]
- * A Spark of White Fire by by Sangu Mandanna [🌟🌟🌟🌟 ARC Review]
- * The Lantern’s Ember by Colleen Houck [🌟🌟 ARC Review]
- The Traitor Baru Cormorant (The Masquerade, #1) by Seth Dickinson 🤝 buddy read for Melanie’s birthday [I haven’t rated this yet]
ARCs/copies from author or publisher are noted above by an asterisk *
Total Books Read in August: 11
Total Books Read in 2018: 97
Goodreads Reading Goal:
I started a book ban in July and have decided to continue it for the forseeable future as a way to stop buying books I will likely never read. I have a stack of physical books that I have bought that I want to read before I begin buying again – exceptions will be made thoughtfully for certain pre-orders – but I am going to try to stay on the ban for the rest of 2018. So how am I doing? NOT WELL.
I am currently trying to refrain from partaking in the Barnes & Noble 50% sale since I just bought most of my immediate TBR reads from Bookoutlet, but it is so hard. I have problems and need help. If you haven’t checked out Bookoutlet before – you should! Cheap prices, and if you use my referral code you’ll get $10 off your first order.
eBooks Purchased (all $2.99 or less): Vicious by V.E. Schwab, The Log House by Baylea Hart, How to Be a Mermaid by Erin Hayes (free), Fairy Tale Ending: A Creepy Little Bedtime Story (Creepy Little Bedtime Stories Book 5) by William F. Aicher (free), Blood Rose (Blood Books Book 1) by Danielle Rose (free), and Children of the Dark by Jonathan Janz [currently reading]
I have been working hard to get my ARC queue to a manageable level for so long, and I am so excited to say that I have made it! I have a lot of ARCs to get through but I am being much more selective with my requests and aiming for approximately four releases per month (that I can read and review the month prior to release). September is the first month I will be able to do this — now how long will it last?!
ARCs: THE EMISSARY by Tamara Veitch and Rene DeFazio
eARC approvals: The Witch of Willow Hall by Hester Fox, Dracul by Dacre Stoker and JD Barker, If You’re Out There by Katy Loutzenhiser
I went camping this past month in Lake Tahoe and it was such a wonderful, relaxing weekend of me! I am really fortunate that I live equidistant to Tahoe and San Francisco, yet I rarely go east… which is silly!
My friends all hiked Mt. Tallac, but I wasn’t about that life so I stayed at camp and read books in a hammock all day. It was glorious and a very needed break from reality.
Halloween is Coming
- I am so excited to be a host for the upcoming book blogger Blogoween! If you are a lover of Halloween, you should check out what is in store next month!
- Mark your calendars because I have also been working on my own project for Halloween, SCARETober. It will launch on October 19th!
Thank you everyone so much for visiting, liking, commenting, and sharing your bookish thoughts with me last month! I hope you all have a WONDERFUL September and Happy Reading!