Hi my name is Kaleena and I hoard all tags and awards for literal months and am the actual worst. Hi, Kaleena. We all know that I love to hoard tags and awards but the beautiful Kelly @ Another Book in the Wall nominated me for this five months ago. And then my book bestie Christine @ The Uncorked Librarian tagged me last month. I am so honored to be considered entertaining and that my silly comments and references resonate with people! 🏆 I’d like to thank the academy for this honor and my dad for raising me to cherish sarcasm and cultivate a dry wit. 🏆
I must be stopped. But better late than never, right? You all should definitely check out Kelly and Christine’s blogs. They are both absolutely wonderful and deserve all the love in the world!
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Add the rules so others can follow.
- Answer the questions that have been asked.
- Nominate a handful of entertaining bloggers.
1. What genre did you read most before starting your blog?
This is such a good question! I was in a huge science fiction and philosophy kick. I still read sci-fi, but I haven’t picked up Nietzsche or Kundera in while.
2. What genre did fellow bloggers influence your opinion on?
Probably young adult fiction in general. I never really read YA when I was growing up as I went from MG to the Classics and the occasional Dean Koontz book (that I never told people I read because I had a snobby reputation to uphold). I pretty much didn’t read for pleasure much in adulthood until I turned 30, and I assumed that I was outside of the target audience for YA fiction but I realized that the kinds of stories that I resonate with and the themes that I enjoy are prevalent in the sff YA scene thanks to the book blogging community!
3. Favorite book format?
I like all book formats for different reasons! I enjoy hardbacks for the purposes of my personal library, paperback for reading (it’s easier to hold), eBooks for reading in bed and when I am traveling, and audiobooks for road trips. I’ve been buying a lot of hardbacks lately though, which I never used to do.
4. Plants without flowers or plants that have flowers?
Both! I just like nature and plants a lot. Also sunflowers are the best flower. 🌻
5. Some tropes you love seeing in books?
I really enjoy strong female characters, protagonists that sacrifice themselves, anti-heroes and villain redemption. I like my characters to be put through the ringer and come out changed.
6. A book character you relate to a lot?
I have honestly been thinking about this for three days and no one comes to mind.
- Which character would you love to be in a long-term relationship with?
I am boring but I don’t really have book boyfriends. Although I totally would want to marry Alistair from Dragon Age Origins, but that’s a video game. swoon
- Which character would you have a one night stand with?
OMG. I don’t know and I read a lot of YA and that is a little weird to think about so I am going to pass haha.
- What classic puts you to sleep every damn time?
I’ve been trying to read A Tale of Two Cities for the past 20 years. I just can’t. Best cure for insomnia that I have ever found!
- Would you date/marry someone who does not read books? And does his/her/their book choice make or break it for you? What books on his/her/their shelves are deal breakers?
I could date or marry someone that isn’t a reader provided that they have their own hobbies and passions, and hopefully something else that we have in common. Reading is a very individual activity so it doesn’t bother me really, although just lounging on the sofa reading quietly would be date goals. In terms of books, no deal breakers. People like different things and I won’t judge someone because of their book choices!
- Who is your favorite indie author?
Lindsay Buroker! Her fantasy worlds are absolutely amazing and I love them so much. I highly recommend the Emperor’s Edge series if you love fantasy, politics, steampunk, and villain redemption arcs with a heartwarming romance (and the fact I say this is something… because I don’t really care about romance). The first book in series is always free for Kindle.
- What book gets you most in the mood to travel or fulfills your wanderlust?
Pretty much everything because I have intense wanderlust always and read lots of fantasy.
- Did you really like Harry Potter? Really?
I did, but fun fact I didn’t read it until I was 30 years old!
- Can and have you read books with animals that get hurt or die? Tell me which ones so I can never EVER read them, please.
I have read books with animal death and I really don’t like it at all. I include this as a cw in all of my reviews.
- Who is the one character that you’d want to invite over to your house for dinner and why?
- What is your favorite reading location?
- What is your favorite childhood book?
- If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- Are you a book monogamist or a book polygamist? (How many books do you read at once?)
- Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? If so, how?
- What is the book you want to read but are most afraid to begin? Why?