5 Characters that I’d Want During the Zombie Apocalypse

Welcome one and all to Reader Voracious and my fourth day as a Blogoween host! This is my final day as a host and my final awesome prompt for you to use on your blog in celebration of Blogoween. In case you aren’t sure what this is, you can check out the information post here, and a list of all the prompts can be found here.

I look forward to blog hopping to all of your blogs to see what you come up with, so please be sure to link back to this post so I can check out your responses!

Today’s Blogoween Prompt

Prompt Title:  They got my back!
Explanation:  5 characters you would want with you during the zombie apocalypse

Image result for zombie shaun of the dead gif

At the risk of sounding like a crazy doomsday prepper, over the years I’ve developed multiple plans in the event of the zombie apocalypse. Because you gotta be prepared for the unexpected if you expect to survive. 🧟 And who knows what kind of zombies we could face? Will they be the stereotypical slow zombies, or speedy zombies from The Return of the Living Dead? Will they be stupid or will they be capable of thought like in iZombie?

With all of this in mind, I have developed my Zombie Gang Team based on varying skillsets and multiple possibilities.

1. Guns/Crossbow Expert: Esmae from A Spark of White Fire by Sangu Mandanna. Trained by one of the best teachers around, Esmae is a master with the crossbow and other weapons, making her a great addition for range attacks & headshots especially. Because you know she shot a fish in the eye. Transferable skills, yo.
  2. Knives expert: Lola from Ace of Shades is the obvious choice here. I also want to bring Enne along because she’s badass as hell.
  3. Hunter & Forager: I think that Mairwen Grace, Arthur Couch, and Rhun Sayer from Strange Grace would be a perfect trio for hunting, cultivation, and foraging. You can’t separate them anyways, but they all bring such unique skills that would be perfect!
  4. The Engineer: Josune Arriola from Stars Uncharted by S.K. Dunstall. Not only is she a brilliant engineer that could help our group create and fix things as needed, but she is also a badass fighter!
  5. The Doctor: Mairwen’s mom from Strange Grace as she is a healer.

Which characters would you want on your team during the zombie apocalypse?!

fall spacer

55 thoughts on “5 Characters that I’d Want During the Zombie Apocalypse

1. Kristina says:

I clearly have no skills in term of zombie apocalypse; my team isn’t as “precise” as yours ! and ..I may have forgotten a healer xD ooops .

Awhh well.. I tried – I genuinely never actually think or watch anything involving zombie apocalypse ..great list !

2. Pingback: They Got My Back
  3. Alice V says:

wow, sounds like you got all your needs covered with experts in every category you’ll need to kick some zombie butt and survive if you get sick. I don’t know the characters but I think I’d want them on my side too.

4. Lindsi says:

I haven’t read any of those books, so I’m not familiar with the characters, but it looks like you have a pretty good team. Hopefully their skills will help you survive if there ever is a zombie apocalypse. I’m thinking I’d want someone with magic that could just poof us away when we were in danger — haha!

Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

5. fablehunter says:

I don’t know everyone on your team but I like the breakdown you have, it sounds like an awesome team and well thought out! Great post Kaleena, I enjoyed your answers and had a lot of fun answering the questions myself!!

Hahahahaha the gif is from Shaun of the Dead, which if you haven’t seen I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Oooo good question! I am a natural leader so I could make the tough choices and keep everyone safe, plus I have some outdoorsy skills because I am a hiker/backpacker!

6. Norrie says:

You are right! One can never be prepared enough! But have to start somewhere 😀
    I don’t know any of the characters you picked, but i’ll just take your word for it 🙂
    Fun post!