2019 Book Blogger Spreadsheet Template

We all know that I live by my lists as a very Type A personality. My book blogging experience drastically changed for the better in July when I put together a spreadsheet to keep track of all of my ARCs, and I made the FREE 2018 Book Blogger Spreadsheet Template available for anyone to use. And I am here with the exciting news that the NEW & IMPROVED spreadsheet template for 2019 is now available!

I don’t know about you, but as 2018 draws to a close I have started to look towards 2019. Setting goals. Planning content. Scheduling buddy reads. For those of you that like to schedules and data, the promise of a new year is exciting. But who wants to create a new spreadsheet to keep track of everything? Ya gal here spent the past several weeks improving the spreadsheet. There are a lot more tabs and the spreadsheet does a lot more than it did before, so this post will break it down for you with lots of screenshots. Let’s get into it!

You can access the spreadsheet template here!

Bookish Stats

Think of this page as the wrap-up goldmine! I have coded automatically updating charts for the total number of books read each month, breakdown by book release (ARC, backlist, etc), books by genre, and a ratings breakdown.

Bookish Stats

⚠️ All of these tables and charts automatically update based on the information you input on the 2019 Reads tab and it is important that you do not change the tab name or delete any columns! The only table you should edit on this sheet is your Favorite Book by month.

Please note that the Release and Genre pie charts will show up when there is at least one book recorded on the 2019 Reads tab!

Blog Stats

The next tab on the spreadsheet template is for blog statistics data in case you want to keep track. In addition to follower growth tracking, I also added tables for tracking monthly views over time, views and engagement by post type, and posts by category.

Blog Stats

⚠️ The charts are all automatic based on the tables, but you will have to manually add the data from your WordPress or Blogger dashboard.

ARC Statistics & Tracking

Ah, the reason that I created the first spreadsheet! This essentially is just a prettier and more functional version, but I also added a request success tracking in case you are interested in keeping track.

ARC Tracking.png

2019 Reads

This is by far my favorite tab, I think! This sheet provides the data that feeds into the main Bookish Stats tab. Honestly I have been using this method for a month now and it makes wrap-ups so much easier!

Reads

⚠️ It is important to note delete columns or rename anything on this sheet, otherwise you will break the automatic formulas on the Bookish Stats sheet.

2019 Hauls

In case you want to keep track of your spending on books, I’ve created a tab called 2019 Hauls! I actually went back through my email receipts and created one for 2018 a couple of weeks ago and it was kind of shocking.

Hauls

Buddy Reads

Do you like to buddy read? Me too! So much that I found myself scheduling a lot and losing track. It’s coded so you can filter out finished buddy read if you wish.

Buddy Reads.png

Releases to Stalk

If you have a huge TBR and your anticipated shelf on Goodreads is a hot mess like mine, you can use the Releases to Stalk tab! I am using this to keep track of what I want to watch out for, request, pre0rder, and highlight in Anticipated Reads.

Upcoming Releases.png

Daily Stats

I doubt anyone but Sam wants this, but if you want to keep track of your daily stats here you go. I made this for myself because I am looking for statistical patterns and Sam liked it so she told me to include it. You can delete the sheet if this isn’t of interest to you.

Daily Stats.png

Scheduling Calendar

Last but certainly not least is the scheduling calendar that I use when planning my posts. This is unchanged from the 2018 template. You will notice that I’ve included December 2018 in case you want to use this spreadsheet starting now.

calendar.png

You can access the spreadsheet template here!

Make a Copy.pngTo save a copy of the spreadsheet in your own Drive, all you need to do is click File -> Make a Copy and use for your own blog to keep organized and have some easy, pre-prepared and auto-updating pie charts that you can use in wrap-up posts! If you prefer to download it as an Excel file, you can do so by selecting “Download as.”

This FREE book blogger scheduling and stats spreadsheet is available for anyone in the community to use, and I hope you find it useful! Even if you do not schedule your posts, you are welcome to save a copy of the spreadsheet and hide or delete the tabs you will not use; there’s nothing wrong with just using the review obligations and/or stats!

If you want to see my spreadsheet you can view it here, but know that information will not be populated until 2019 begins.

I hope you find this spreadsheet useful and please let me know if you have any questions in the comments!

💖 If you like the work that I do here at Reader Voracious, consider fueling my pumpkin spice latte and black tie addiction by buying me a ko-fi! ☕

154 thoughts on “2019 Book Blogger Spreadsheet Template

1. Ruby's Books says:

THANK YOU QUEEEN *bows down**hands over soul in exchange for this spreadsheet* I love it that you included stats, because that will definitely help me a lot better with keeping track of things and figuring out what readers like and expect. THANK YOU!!!

2. sammers65 says:

To Kal: a love letter from a data/spreadsheet slut, ahem.

WHAT A DUCKING TIME!

This is orgasmic. My acne has cleared. My crops have thrived. My soul has soared. Never have I been so giddy for a post to pop up in my feed.

THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED IN MY LIFE.THINK OF ALL THE DATA I’LL BE COLLECTING!!!!! THINK OF ALL THE ORGANIZED PLANNING!!!!!!!!!!! BE STILL MY BEATING HEART! You have turned my cold black heart into a happier cold black heart.

You have made Giles proud. Now excuse me as I go play with my new toy.

Liked by 3 people

3. brittanythebookguru says:

OH MY GOODNESS!! I am literally blown away by all of this. Catch me downloading ASAP and using this to FINALLY get my shit together!!!!! Thank you so much for taking so much of your time to create something like this! It looks unbelievable!

4. Destiny @ Howling Libraries says:

I love you, I love spreadsheets, I love THIS ENTIRE POST, and holy shit do I LOVE that you’re making your 2019 spreadsheet open for people to view! I’m totally stealing that idea because I feel like I would love seeing other people’s spreadsheet updates so maybe people would want to see mine, too? 😂

Liked by 2 people

Awww, thank you so much Bianca, and I really hope this spreadsheet helps you get & stay organized! The original one was born from my need to keep my ideas in one place and not lose track of review requests, and it has honestly changed my blogging life!

5. Kathy @ Books & Munches says:

You are my new favorite person. SERIOUSLY. I had planned on figuring out a spreadsheet but haven’t had the time yet and pretty much accepted I wouldn’t get to it either SO YOU SAVED ME.

Now the only thing I’ll need to add is an additional column at the end in 2019 Reads to specify the genre when I go with “Other” and a tab for my own reading challenges and I’m.. set? [I’m pretty much sitting here baffled at that prospect because I had so given up on that..]

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU. ❤

6. Heather @ The Sassy Book Geek says:

YOU ARE A LEGEND! Seriously Kaleena this is the greatest thing ever, thank you so much for sharing this with all of us! I can’t even begin to tell you how much I LOVE making lists for all of my blogging and reading and this just made it 10x easier and 10x more organized, I didn’t know what true organization felt like haha! 🙂

7. Paige @ BookishPaige_ says:

Thank you so much Kaleena for including this! I use spreadsheets all the time but couldn’t do a nice pretty one, that’s my let down.. until you ^_^ thank you for letting us copy and make it into our own version (with credit to you of course!) You’re an absolute lifesaver.

If we don’t understand something, where’s best to get in touch with you?

8. Shruti | This is Lit says:

Bless you for this, Kaleena! I’m so not an organised blogger—the only schedule I have is to post on Sundays and Wednesdays. But this sheet is amazing! I’m going to try and use it well for 2019.

Let’s see what it feels like to live like a normal human being now. 😅

9. Gayathri Lakshminarayanan says:

I knew I had to be here the minute you said spreadsheet. And I love it, I am sure many of us will using the sheet or at least use an inspired version of this. Great work as ever.

10. Marie says:

Oh my god what an incredible spreadsheet. you’re so good at this, wow, I admire your skills so, so much. thank you for taking the time to do this and share this for the community to use! ❤

11. Christine says:

I had been reading your site on mobile/WP reader and did not see the new header. I love the colors. That looks great.

I also noticed that you started changing out your featured post pics to match. GO YOU!!! I definitely have some old cleanup that I need to work on as I refine my branding. I know what hard and tedious work it is–so I just wanted you to know how much I love it! Congrats on the change.

P.S. I love this post. You are so amazing at organization. You are a book blogger’s resource and guidance dream blogger. Thank you for sharing!

You need a book blogging cape!

Thank you so much, I love the new color scheme and graphics so much & am glad you do too! I still need to finish updating all my old posts, it is a slow process. I think this is going to be it until I rebrand (if ever).

Type A love of lists and planning come in handy, hehehe! I love making this available to the community; spreadsheets intimidate a lot of people and I like to help make the tools more accessible to others.