It’s almost December and of course that means that it is the perfect time to look at the books I added to my collection in October. I will be honest and I’ve been hesitant to post this haul (hence it being posted at the end of November). I don’t want to give the impression that you need to buy and own a lot of books in order to be considered a book blogger or lover; I am just fortunate to be at a place in my life that I can afford to spend money on books. I am quite frugal with everything else so that I can buy them!
The majority of these books I got on BookOutlet for incredibly cheap, which stretches the money I set aside for books further. I am working on a post for finding bookish deals, but it will be awhile as I am looking for more international resources before posting it. But without further adieu, let’s see what I added to my shelves in October!
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer 20 Years of Slaying: The Watcher’s Guide by Christpher Golden
- The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton | 📖 Read my full review here!
- And I Darken by Kiersten White
- Asylum by Madeline Roux
- Sanctum (Asylum, Bk. 2) by Madeline Roux
- Catacomb (An Asylum Novel, Bk. 3) by Madeline Roux
- Escape From Asylum by Madeline Roux
- The Asylum Novellas by Madeline Roux
- Dracula (Puffin Classics) by Bram Stoker
- Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
- Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, Bk.1) by Amie Kaufman, Jay Kristoff
- Pretty Little Liars #1 by Sara Shepard
- The Dark Side of Nowhere by Neal Shusterman | 📖 Read my full review here!
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Cristo
- Warcross by Marie lu
- This Cruel Design (Mortal Coil #2) by Emily Suvada
- Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd (Mysterious Galaxy Fantastic Firsts for October)
While on vacation in Vancouver, my best friend and I visited probably every independent bookshop in the city proper. Our goal was to find a book to buddy read together, which proved difficult in used bookshops. We finally found an Indigo (amazing, by the way! Canada you are lucky!) and settled on Vox. I also couldn’t leave without buying this special hardback with shiny silver sprayed edges of American Gods and Anansi Boys… who cares if I already own both of them?
Free Kindle Deals
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- HellCorp: Because even the Devil needs a holiday…. by Jonathan Whitlaw
- Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield (NetGalley), publishes December 4, 2018
- If You’re Out There by Katy Loutzenhiser (Edelweiss), publishes March 5, 2019
That’s it for the books that I hauled in October! Are any of these on your TBRs, or have you read them? I’d love to hear your thoughts about them!