November Book Haul // I went overboard on Black Friday

All of my Black Friday purchases have finally arrived and it is time for my embarrassingly large haul for November! I am incredibly fortunate to finally be in the financial position to build the personal library that I’ve dreamed of since I was a little girl… and I definitely went a little overboard in November. Before I get into the haul, I do want to reiterate that you do not need to buy and own a lot of books in order to be considered a book blogger or lover. I am quite frugal with everything else so that I can buy them!

The majority of these books I got on BookOutlet for incredibly cheap, which stretches the money I set aside for books further. YAY! But since I have no self control I now have Book Outlet and Book Depository blocked via a Chrome extension, haha. But without further adieu, let’s see what I added to my shelves in November!

The Haul

IMG_20181217_182348.jpg

IMG_20181217_182601.jpg

IMG_20181217_182828.jpg

Kindle Deals

ARC Approvals

That’s it for the books that I hauled in November! Are any of these on your TBRs, or have you read them? I’d love to hear your thoughts about them!

76 thoughts on “November Book Haul // I went overboard on Black Friday

Thank you, Shalini! I was really fortunate to nab some excellent online sales… and not have to leave my house! I was really disappointed with the Book Depository “Black Friday sale” and the only books I got from there were the Harry Potter books and Trail of Lightning.

Do you have access to good online shops for books where you live?

• Shalini says:

Amazon is my go to place for all my books… Since I don’t read many physical books, amazon works well for me… But I get deals on books by Indian authors not international ones…. So black Friday deals were not good for me

1. brittanythebookguru says:

Oh my goodness… so many books! I’m so jealous!! Book hauls are one of my favorite things to read (or watch on Booktube). I recognize a few of these, but there were a lot that I haven’t heard of yet. Can’t wait to see all of your thoughts!!

2. Vera says:

He he, loving the blocking idea. I need to do this to Amazon as I have been recently a bit casual with clicking on this and that and it’s getting a little bit out of control.

Lovely collection you got though. I have My Lady Jane on my shelf and am looking forward to reading it sometime soon too.

Blocking have saved my bank account so much, I have recently added Barnes and Noble to the list as I keep pre-ordering books, oops. I should probably add Amazon too, because this weekend was intense with Kindle deals!

Thank you so much, and I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

3. singerofstories says:

I love your disclaimer at the beginning that you do not need to buy or own a lot of books to be a book blogger and/ or book lover. Thank you for that. I happen to be someone who does own what I consider to be a lot of books, but I know there are bloggers and ‘grammers who own WAY more than I do. That all being said, its a commitment and a process. Sometimes we get lucky and find deals and get big hauls like this one. Sometimes its one a month if even that. Just my initial reaction. 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, and I definitely feel like that disclaimer is important for me to have because I don’t want to make anyone feel bad or less of a blogger. I am definitely in a different place in my life than some other bloggers (in my 30s and have a career), so I can afford to splurge now and then since I don’t spend my money on much else. And yes, some months I buy only a handful of books… or none!

Thank you! I am really looking forward to reading Silent Companions, I almost picked it up last night but went for Trail of Lightning instead (which is AMAZING). I started Firefly last month and am 90 pages in; loving it so far but I can only juggle one sci-fi at a time and I had to switch gears for a bit. Which is fine because that is a book I want to savor.

4. thebookcorps says:

Omg I love how many books you bought!! Good on you lmao! I really hope you love If We Were Villains, thats such an incredible book! I also have Girls of Paper and Fire, I can’t wait to read it! Here’s hoping we both like it! 💕

Hahaha yea everyone’s Black Friday/November hauls seem to be in good company for those that have the expendable income. My December one is much better although I went a little crazy with Kindle deals over the weekend.

I just finished Illuminae on Monday and HOLY POOP. It is soooo good! Starting Gemina tonight!

• Kathy @ Books & Munches says:

We don’t really have Black Friday over here so I skipped that.. But with the boyfriend allowing me one “final huge splurge” book-wise before the little one is born.. Like.. I went nuts, okay. xD
        I haven’t succumbed to Kindle deals! [yet..]

YAAAY! You’ll fly through them for sure then, haha

5. Marie says:

Ahh wow that haul, all the books, that’s SO amazing! I’m spotting Shatter Me (loved), This Savage Song (loved), My Lady Jane (really liked), I hope you’ll love these ones.. and all of the others, obviously 😀 Happy reading! 🙂

6. Christine says:

WAHAHAHAHA! BLACK FRIDAY GOT US ALL lol. Instead of books, though, I bought tons of blogging tools like stock photos. Much needed and SO cheap. I did buy some books for presents. I loved Scythe–let me know what you think once you read it too. Girls of Paper and Fire were/are in my neglected Netgalley queue. I am so behind I don’t even know if my time has passed on it. Thanks for sharing your haul, and holy a gazillion comments on your posts. GO YOU!!! Love ya, book bestie!

Wow you were SMART with your Black Friday shopping! I literally thought of nothing but books, my eyes only saw books. Stock photos is such a good idea, though! I am really looking forward to Scythe, and I will DM you once I pick it up; I love Neal Shusterman so I am pretty stoked. I hope you are still able to read your ARC of Girls! I think so long as you downloaded it you can still read & review after it archives. xoxxo book bestie!

7. Jamie says:

Thank you for the heads up on The Woman in White being free!! That one has been on my TBR for a while! Low key jelly of your new Shirley Jackson book, she has become one of my favorite authors this past year! Also big hype that you got Now I Rise, I absolutely love that series and still need to read the third book! Amazing haul, you’ll be busy for a while!

Ahhh you’re welcome, I was so excited when I checked and nabbed it… and then I added on the audio for 99 cents after getting the ebook (I’ve heard it’s full cast, and I love reading along). I need to read more Shirley Jackson and was so excited to get this book! I actually now own the entire series and haven’t read it yet oops. SOON!