The book blogging community is wonderful, and I have put together some guides and resources based on my particular expertise to pay it forward to the community.
- My Free Book Blogger / Reader Spreadsheet Template is a resource that I created for the book blogging community back in 2018 and provide annually for free to the bookish community. Keep track of your ARCs, reads, book collection and more — all with automatic formulas and charts! The 2020 spreadsheet is available now & better than ever!
- I’ve been dubbed the Email Queen by Soph, so I decided to put together a list of ARC Request Templates (Email & Profile) for you! If you are not sure what to include or are at a loss of what to write, these are free for your personal use.
- Accessibility Matters: How to make your blog more accessible talks about the free ways you can make sure your blog is designed with accessibility in mind. These tips aren’t limited to plugins either – free WordPress and Blogger users can implement these small things to make a big impact!
- All About Hootsuite: how to schedule tweets and pins and why you should! Scheduling tweets and pins once a week has been the biggest stress reliever for me because I don’t feel like I need to be plugged into my socials 24/7.
- All About PDFelement: Create, Edit, and Collaborate on PDFs in One Program shows how a book blogger can use PDFelement. This is a sponsored post, but opinions are my own.
- All About RSS Readers discusses what RSS readers are and why bloggers should use them!
- Edelweiss 101 is a deep dive on how to set up your homepage and navigate the website. From searching for books to submitting a request for an ARC, this guide gives you a primer on how to get started!
- Edelweiss 2.0: How I keep track of new releases builds on my first Edelweiss guide on how to set up your homepage and dives deep into setting up tags and filters to streamline your efforts! Long gone are the days of looking at upcoming releases by month on Goodreads based on the number of adds (I missed so many books that didn’t generate top-200 buzz!) or looking through each publisher’s catalogs (very time consuming). Usher in the day of having a saved custom filter to easily check and save new releases of interest up to four months in advance!
- How to Take & Access Notes on Audible shows you how you can take advantage of the clips and notes functions on Audible to take notes while reading!
- My Self-Hosted WordPress series covers various topics about self-hosted WordPress, including dispelling myths, how to move, and SEO tricks!
- Paid WordPress vs. Self-Hosted: What I Wish the Guides Told me is a list of all the reasons I wish I had gone self-hosted when I upgraded from free WordPress. Essentially, I paid twice as much for way less features!
- Making the Move to Self-Hosted WordPress covers my step-by-step process for moving from Paid WordPress to Self-Hosted, including recommended plugins and web host recommendations!
- Proper Use of Headings for Book Bloggers is a mini-SEO session to increase user readability on your blog, which can positively impact your SEO.
- The Ultimate Social Media Guide for Bloggers is jam-packed of information to help you raise awareness and increase traffic to your blog by leveraging your social media presence. This is a robust guide based on my professional experience managing social media, but you can take aspects of these strategies to streamline your efforts and reduce the time you spend!
- Why I Switched to Feedly for Blog Hopping is a how-to guide on Feedly, the best RSS reader out there in my opinion. Feedly changed my life in terms of hopping and has all the features I wish the WordPress Reader has!
Resources from other bloggers
- Karlita @ Tale Out Loud is the HTML Goddess, and put together a fantastically useful resource with 7 HTML tips for customizing your posts — even when you are on free WordPress!