10 Characters I Want to Curse
Today’s BLOGOWEEN prompt comes from Jamsu @ Jamsudreams, and you can find her prompt post here. I was originally planning on posting this one yesterday, but I had a massive brain fart and decided to delay a day so I could do the prompt justice!
Today’s Blogoween Prompt
Prompt Title: Hexes & Curses
Explanation: 10 Characters You’d Curse: in today‘s prompt you can list all those characters you wish you could curse.
10 Characters I Want to Curse
TODAY IS THE DAY THAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR… I can finally drag some characters as well as some character tropes that I simply cannot stand! So without further adieu… let’s get cursing!
- Mary Sue characters like Bella Swan are CURSED! They are idealized and perfect to the point of being almost bland with no personality. Sure they often have tragic backstories (which I love because I’m evil and love tortured characters), but nothing really ever happens to them. They always will triumph.
- The bumbling policeman trope. All of these cops that really have no business being in public service have been cursed. Sure people make mistakes but this is an extreme. Why are there no qualified people? How are these people employed? And why is it “acceptable” to have a cop refuse to help because they don’t like the person? The latter drives me nuts because it’s “conflict” for the sake of conflict and ranks up there with conflict that could easily be resolved if the characters spoke to one another. Ugh.
- Mean Popular Girls deserve some boils or other curses to match their ugly personality. Sure we all find Mean Girls to be a funny and iconic movie, but I really dislike this trope overall and I feel like the constant portrayal of their nasty attitudes and “winning” in popularity continues to exacerbate it in society.
- Maram from Mirage certainly deserves a little something. I feel for her as a character and she is probably my favorite in the book, but man does she have an attitude problem.
- The entire cast in Rule. My goodness, Zofi and Florencia are horrible people. Screw destiny, ya’ll don’t deserve shit.
- Nomi from Grace and Fury. UGHHHHH. She was so stupid.
- Ember from The Lanterns Ember. UGHHH homegirl listened to NO ONE and acted as if she knew everything (spoiler alert: she didn’t) and then got all mad when she was wrong.
- TifAni from The Luckiest Girl Alive. Man I hated this book so much, and it was because of TifAni. The meanest of mean girls with a vapid personality and is so unlikeable and unrelatable.
- Jasmine from Angel (TV). Goodness did season 4 jump the shark, and the villain Jasmine was the culmination of everything wrong. Just… no.
- Riley from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV). The literal worst character in all of the Buffyverse! This corn-fed Iowa boy was the worst boyfriend that our heroine had. Boring and selfish guy that places blame on Buffy for not giving him her full attention when her mother is sick. Who does that?! And I won’t ever forgive him for rubbing Sam in Buffy’s face like 8 months later.
Let’s go on another adventure together!