Welcome to the inaugural year of the Bookish Reader’s Choice Awards! 🎉 Designed to actually give readers their voice to determine the “best” reads of the year, the goal of these awards is to recognize all of the amazing stories we got to read this year!
🏆 Related: Read more about why the awards were created!
I am so excited to reveal the 190 semi-finalists to you all! And now YOU get to vote for YOUR favorites – which ones will make it to the final round? It is up to you!
A total of 173 voting ballots forms were submitted, bringing the field of 395 nominees down to 190 semi-finalists – isn’t that incredible?! Congratulations to all of these books & the authors! 🎉🎉🎉
For the authors of these books, we have award buttons! The graphics are made by Loretta @ Laughing Listener and are free to display for the authors however they wish. I’ve linked the images above to their respective posts. Congratulations to all 395 books of 2019!
I created a spreadsheet with all of the nominations & semi-finalists (click the titles to be taken to the Goodreads page for the book) that you can see below.
I am sorry if your favorites are not included; I left nominations open for 3 weeks to allow as many people to find out about and participate in the awards but my circle of influence is limited. There are no doubt many amazing books that weren’t nominated and for that, I’m sorry!
After much consideration and consulting with my patrons, I’ve decided that there will be a total of three voting rounds. This was the second of three voting rounds.
1) The top 8 books in each category have moved on to the semi-finals round. Some categories have more options due to ties. Categories with four or less books have advanced to the finals round.
2) You are able to vote up to two books for each subcategory. You can only vote for a book once per voting category.
3) You do not need to vote in every category.
4) Voting on books you have read is preferred.
5) Every award category has two subcategories: Adult and Young Adult.
6) The voting form closes at 23:59 on December 21, 2019.
Thank you all so much for helping to make the first Bookish Reader’s Choice Awards such a success! Be sure to join the Goodreads Group and follow @ReaderAwards on Twitter so you don’t miss out on the 2020 award season!