I saw this over at Rattle the Stars and it was as if the post popped up in my WP Reader at just the right time in my life! I have been so stressed out lately and trying to manage a blip in my mental health — taking a pause to think about the little things that bring me joy was a really good exercise for me. So… here’s a list of 50 little things that make me happy!
- The smell of books
- The sound of the ocean
- A light breeze on a sunny day
- Texts from friends just to say hello
- The thrill of meeting someone new who has similar interests
- The way my cat looks at me
- The night sky
- Painting (even though I am terrible at it)
- Cooking a new meal
- Board game nights
- Playing Town of Salem with Melanie
- The positive impact that my work has
- Going to museums
- The evening routine me and my cat have
We have a new routine. Every day when I get home from work I change into comfy clothes and the lay down on the couch. She comes and sits on my chest, purring up a storm, while I read a bit.
🐱 Best part of my day. pic.twitter.com/wfHJE9ZJDu
— Kaleena 📚 Reader Voracious (@kalventure) August 1, 2018
20. Being in my 30s — best decade so far!
22. The friends I have made as an adult
23. Standing up for myself
24. Feeling passionate about things
26. Doing acts of kindness
29. Adventuring around where I live
32. Swedish meatballs (my grandmother’s recipe!)
33. My dad donating his hair to Locks of Love many times over
34. Classic rock of the 70s and 80s
35. The memory of seeing Blue Oyster Cult live and a guy in the front row held up a plush dinosaur during Godzilla
36. Burning incense
37. Laughing so hard that you pee a little
38. Drunken heart-to-heart conversations
39. Singing karaoke (fun fact, before I moved away from San Diego I used to go to a local karaoke dive bar at least 4-5 days a week. CH was my Cheers.)
40. Talking about books
41. Buddy reading books
42. The number 42
44. Renaissance fairs
45. Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd
46. Coheed and Cambria and their concept albums. (I am seeing them again on Thursday!!!!)
47. I saw Flogging Molly in 2003 in a small 200-person venue and met the band afterwards. That was by far the best gig I have ever been to.
48. Hiking in the rain
That was a lot easier to do than I expected, and now my heart is full of such joy! I would love to see what little things make you happy, so feel free to do this tag if you are interested!
Let’s go on another adventure together!