Month in Review is a monthly roundup that I started doing in March 2018 to share all of the books that I read and other bookish things!
I read 14 books (+1 DNF) in the month of April, and re-read half of Jane Eyre! It was a good mixture of backreads and ARCs and I feel good about the progress I made. Click the links below to be taken to my review for the book.
- * Tin Man by Sarah Winman, ★★★★☆
- Rainbirds by Clarissa Goenawan, ★★★★☆
- Millard Salter’s Last Day by Jacob Appel (copy provided by author), ★★★☆☆
- * City of Shards (Spellgiver Book 1) by Steve Rodgers [ DNF @ 25%]
- * Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles #1) by L. Penelope, ★★★★☆
- * Furyborn (Empirium #1) by Claire Legrand, ★★★★☆
- * Wildfell by London Clarke, ★★★☆☆
- Women Don’t Ask: The High Cost of Avoiding Negotiation–and Positive Strategies for Change by Linda Babcock, Sara Laschever, ★★★★☆
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood, ★★★★★
- * The Seer’s Curse by J.J. Faulks, ★★★☆☆
- Family Jewels (Rose Gardner Investigations #1) by Denise Grover Swank, ★★★★☆
- Trailer Trash (Neely Kate Mystery #1) by Denise Grover Swank, ★★★★☆
- For the Birds (Rose Gardner Investigations #2) by Denise Grover Swank, ★★★★☆
- Hell in a Handbasket (Rose Gardner Investigations #3) by Denise Grover Swank, ★★★☆☆
- * Lady Helena Investigates (Scott-De Quincy Mysteries #1) by Jane Steen, ★★☆☆☆
ARCs are noted above by an asterisk *
Total Books Read in April: 14
Total Books Read in 2018: 55
Goodreads Reading Goal:
I added a few books to my shelves this month. Have I read any of them? No. Will I stop buying books even though I ran out of space on my shelves long ago? Also no.
Yes, I bought Children of Blood and Bone. It was so good I needed a copy for my bookshelves!
Blog News & Schedule
I have settled on an official blogging schedule beginning on May 1: new posts will be made every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday! I have the first few weeks planned out for posts and am excited to continue to grow into my blog the more I work on it.