I am so honored to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by one of my favorite blogs Fiction No Chaser! This award “is given to bloggers who are positive, inspiring and bring some sunshine into people’s lives.” Thank you so much for the recognition, Jess and Teagan, and I hope that you all check out their amazing blog (especially if you like your reviews with a side of snark and drink pairings)!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
What’s your biggest book-related pet peeve? People borrowing my books and then either never seeing them again or them being returned in a horrible state. If we are talking tropes, I think the whole “bad guy that shows a softer side to the woman that they come to care for” trope is rather dangerous as it perpetuates that you can change who a person is if they are the right one. I don’t think it is healthy or productive to try and change people.
Who’s your book crush and why? Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights. I don’t even know why anymore (I guess it is time for a re-read!) but he’s the only character that came to mind.
Coffee, tea, or wine? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE? I drink all three for very different reasons and love them all.
What’s your go-to relaxation strategy? A cup of tea, lighting a scented candle (eucalyptus and rosemary are my go-to scents), and taking a bath with a good book and some calming music. I essentially turn my bathroom into a spa.
Who would play you in a movie about your life? Amy Schumer, if I could be so lucky.
What fictional world would you choose to live in and why? I honestly cannot think of one from a book, but the first thing that came to mind was Ferelden from Dragon Age. Because dragons.
Pick three books you would like to see made into a movie. The Emperor’s Edge series by Lindsay Buroker
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (eee!)
The Gospel According to Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore
What’s your most played song on your phone/iTunes/spotify?
This list surprises me, LOL. Feel free to friend me on last.fm – I mostly listen to punk, symphonic metal, and classic rock of the 70s/80s.
What book can you read over and over again? Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
What’s your favorite blog post you’ve ever written? So far I have only published 25 posts and am still working to find my voice and niche, but right now my favorite post is my Handmaid’s Tale adaptation analysis.
What made you decide to start a book blog? I thought about it for a long time, actually, and finally decided to give it a try when I came up with the idea of an analysis/comparison of the Handmaid’s Tale. I love reading and wanted an outlet to share that passion with others, and hopefully to grow a bookish community of my own. I am loving it so far!
My Questions for you
- What was your inspiration to start a book blog?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favorite book, and why?
- Who is your hero?
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- Which blog post are you most excited about?
- What would you sing on a karaoke night?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is the last movie you saw, and what did you think of it?
- Is your glass half full or half empty?
- What has been your biggest blogging challenge that you have overcome?
- Amanda @ Peaks and Pages
- The Bibliophagist
- Tori @ Red Qw33n Books
- Amy @ The Lit Place
- Kaila @ Traveling Inkwell
- Katy @ Amorette’s Reviews
- Erin @ Undercover Binge Reader
- Ashley @ Ashley in Wonderland
- One Page at a Time
- Angelica @ The Book Cover Girl
- Ashley @ The Thrifty Biblio