I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by Maddie @ Much Reviews! Thanks so much Maddie for the recognition, and I hope you all check out her blog because it is awesome.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, provide a link to their blog and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions they asked you.
- Come up with your own 11 questions
- Tag 11 bloggers and don’t forget to tell them.
- What’s your favourite literary trope?
I really like the hero’s journey. I enjoy seeing a character come up (often from nothing) to embark on a (sometimes) dangerous quest/adventure, all the while growing as a person. I don’t think I will ever tire of this.
- If you could write a book, what would it be about?
It would probably be some kind of speculative fiction. I have a few nuggets of ideas and am toying with potentially participating in NaNoWriMo this year. Could be fun?
- What’s your favourite thing to do while reading?
Snuggle with my cat and drink tea, of course!
- What’s your favourite food combinations?
Carbs on carbs with a side of carbs. I once dipped a french fry into mashed potatoes. I have a problem. On a serious note, I also like salty & sweet combo – but fun fact, I am not a sweets addict! I could literally live my life without ice cream or chocolate. I have issues with food for sure, but not with sweets.)
- What’s the weirdest food combinations you like?
Mustard in macaroni and cheese is BOMB.
- What is your most prized possession?
My books for sure! I am kind of a minimalist and don’t tend to have a lot of clutter, but my books (which need new shelves BADLY) are the one thing I just love to surround myself with!A subset of that, I have the first two issues of the Coheed and Cambria Second Stage Turbine Blade comics from Bag Online Adventures before the rebrand. They are out of print now and apparently hard to find – even back then I had to special order them from my local comic book shop! One of these days I need to get the rebranded books so I can see it all.
- Do you follow any book-tubers? If so, who’s your favourite? If not, why not?
I don’t, and I am not really sure why but I prefer to follow bloggers when engaging with and discussing books? I feel it is a lot more interactive with the creator.
- Who are your favourite bloggers to follow on twitter?
The first blogger I ever followed on Twitter is Melanie, @meltotheany, and she is probably one of my favorite bloggers, period. She is incredibly kind to everyone and does her best to make others feel special, and considering she is a top reviewer I think that is incredibly admirable.Some of my other favorites are: @kelly_reads, @thriftybiblio, @FictionNoChaser, @BooksVertigoTea, @AvalinahsBooks, and @BiblioReviews.
- What is your ideal vacation? (No money limits)
Extended travel anywhere! My preferred way to travel is spend a lot of time in a place and live kind of like a local. My favorite trip was my 3 months spent backpacking in South America and really wish that was something I could do again.
- What’s something ridiculous that you used to believe when you were younger?
…I honestly cannot think of anything right now. I know I thought some stupid shit, but my memory prior to like 7th grade is poop.
- What would be the clickbait title of the last book you read?
“Make people think that you are smart by pretending to read with these five easy steps!” — Book Simulator (review coming on 6/19!)
Maddie’s questions are pretty good, so I am going to be lazy and reuse them because I am interested to see your responses to them! xoxo