Mystery Blogger Award #1-5 // I need to stop saving my tags
Hey there, it’s ya girl who collects tags in her drafts for literal months at a time here with
three four five nominations for the Mystery Blogger Award! (I got two more nominations for this award while it was sitting in my scheduled posts, I love this community, xoxo!)
I absolutely adore being tagged, and to have been nominated three times for the Mystery Blogger Award is such an honor! Thank you so much to the amazing bloggers for the nominations, and please be sure to check out their blogs:
- Brittany @ Perfectly Tolerable
- Brittany @ Bookworm Brittany
- Julia @ Fable Hunter
- Maddie @ Munch Reviews
- Books, Life, and Everything Nice
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well – Okoto Enigma
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Myself
- I love to travel and have visited Canada, Colombia, Ecuador, England, Ireland, Mexico, Peru, Scotland, and Spain.
- I am planning to hike the West Highland Way in Scotland in summer 2019.
- I am really good at the game Snake Oil.
1. What are three things you always carry with yourself?
My purse (which has the important things like keys, phone, and wallet), my glasses, and a book.
2. Where would you travel to if money was not an issue?
EVERYWHERE. I love to travel and would love to be do an around the world trip. There is nothing better than experiencing other cultures, meeting new people, and seeing amazing sights.
3. Name 1-3 magical (or not) items from a book, which you’d love to own in real life.
I’d really like a magic wand to cast spells with!
4. What’s you’re most anticipated book(s) coming out within the next year?
Right now, King of Fools (Shadow Game #2) by Amanda Foody. Are you all sick of hearing me scream about Ace of Shades yet?
5. What pictures do you have as the lock screen and background screen on your phone? (or computer if you don’t have one on your phone)
Bookworm Brittany’s Questions
1. What made you want to start your blog?
I love reading books and wanted a place to share my thoughts and have a community of readers to chat with.
2. If you were deserted on an island, what three items would you want to have with you?
Kindle, one of those solar-powered battery chargers, and a boat.
3. Do you like to read books? If so, what’s your favorite genre?
I sure do! My favorite genres are science fiction, fantasy, speculative fiction, mystery/horror, and the occasional literary fiction. I also adore the classics.
4. If you had to give advice to new bloggers who have similar content as yours, what would it be?
Get involved in the community! The bookish blogging community is so kind and enthusiastic about books, and isn’t that why we all are writing about books as a hobby?! Blog hop and leave comments on new blogs, and connect with others on Twitter or Instagram. Feel free to follow me on Twitter, and be sure to say hello!
5. (Because I really liked this question and think it is important to always think about) What makes you happy?
The sound of the ocean, the stars of the night sky, being surrounded by nature.
1. What are your hobbies?
Reading & blogging about reading, video games, and running.
2. What is your biggest goal this year?
Professionally I am trying to advance my career, and for the blog I would love to have launched a few new features by the end of the year!
3. Do you have any pet peeves?
People that chew with their mouth open. Being interrupted by people saying “is now an okay time to ask you something” when you had to interrupt me to ask the question.
4. How would you describe yourself in 5 words (or less)?
Nerdy and passionate book enthusiast.
5. What was the weirdest/grossest thing you did as a child?
I don’t really remember much about my childhood so I don’t have anything for this. 😔 I just have a terrible memory and I blame it on hitting my head in middle school while on the balance beam in P.E.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Now that half the year is done, what are your goals for your reading and blogging for the rest of the year?
My Goodreads challenge has already been doubled to 100, and I may up it again to 150. If I can pull it off that would be the most I have read in a year!
For my blog I am working on some exciting new features as well as trying to find balance between ARCs and mood reading from my TBR tower.
3. Which fictional character would be your real-life BFF?
I really like this question! Lola from Ace of Shades is top of mind right now.
4. Who’s your favorite villain (book or movie)?
I love me anti-heroes so very much! Loki is probably my favorite villain.
5. You’re speaking to an acquaintance who has something in their teeth, do you tell them or not? Would you want someone to tell you?
Yes and yes!
Books, Life and Everything Nice’s Questions
1. What’s the funniest experience you’ve had on vacation?
Last year my friend and I went to Spain to celebrate our birthdays, and on the night of my birthday we were having drinks at a bar around 8pm after having dinner in Barcelona. We were chatting with the bartender and drinking copious amounts of sangria when he handed us free passes to one of the most popular nightclubs in the city. Alejandra looked at it and it was for admission after 2am; she looked at me with shock on her face and said “after 2am?! I am in my second sleep by then!”
2. What’s your favorite reading snack?
I don’t really snack when I read, now that I think about it!
3. How do other people describe you?
Fiercely loyal, compassionate, but difficult to get to know.
4. Of which accomplishment from last year are you most proud?
Putting myself and my mental well-being first and standing up for myself.
5. What 3 things would you tell your younger self?
Friendships fade so don’t pour too much effort into relationships that become one-sided, literally as soon as you graduate uni you won’t care about your grades so stop freaking out about them they mean nothing, and don’t give up on theatre because of work dangling a carrot – that promotion won’t ever come.
Lily @ Sprinkles of Dreams
Kate @ The Backwards Bookshelf
Merv @ Merv Reads
Tammy @ Books, Bones, Buffy
Kathy @Pages Below the Vaulted Sky
Vicky @ Vicky Who Reads
Vera @ Unfiltered Tales
Lefty @ Left-Handed Book Lover.
- If you could interview any author, who would it be?
- What question would you ask the author?
- What is the best book you have read so far in 2018?
- Do you collect anything? If so, what? Show a picture?
- What is your favorite book quote?
Let’s go on another adventure together!